Account Manager – Public Relations & Communications
Location: Vancouver | Posted: 04/19/12 | Closes: 04/27/12
Peak Communicators Ltd. is looking for an experienced Public Relations and Corporate Communications professional to join its expanding team in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Account Director, the Account Manager will contribute to the leadership and overall direction of account teams as it relates to client service, account management and quality control. You will also co-lead and/or contribute to winning new client business.
• Play a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive public relations campaigns
• Serve as daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate
• Oversee quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
• Help set client program goals and manage them
• Elevate problems to superiors and solicit their counsel when needed
• Demonstrate proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
• Demonstrate proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, effective pitching and training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations and growth of contact network
• Demonstrate practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programs
• Foster relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners
• Build a network of industry clients and participate in relevant professional organizations and networking activities that will grow Peak’s brand recognition and your own reputation
• Contribute to new business process, including identifying new business opportunities
• Work with account leads to introduce existing clients to relevant Peak capabilities, including resources outside of your own group, to advance their business goals
• Demonstrate understanding of core financial constructs including revenue, profitability, pricing structures (hourly vs. retainer accounts), budgeting and forecasting
• Minimum of three years of related experience
• Extensive experience in communications at an integrated marketing, PR or advertising agency
• Proven ability to manage large projects as well as small teams on one or more sizable accounts
• Comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit the work of others at or below his/her level
• Ability to work with senior staff to develop and execute communications plans based on client goals
• Familiarity with best practice communications tactics and public relations tools
• Ability to act as a daily client contact and to be responsible for client-related finance management, including managing large projects within budget
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is required
If interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Peak Communicators.
About Peak Communicators
Peak is the leading independent PR firm in Western Canada and has built a solid reputation in the field of communications and public relations. As an 18-person, full-service PR agency with offices in Vancouver and Calgary, Peak has a wide-ranging roster of clients that span many industries including real estate, mining, retail, hospitality, finance, hi-tech, fitness and education.